27 November 2011

The Voices of Women : Janis Joplin


I have always been a big Janis Joplin fan.  Her rendition of the song 'Summertime' is the best I have ever heard.  I have used many adjectives to describe her singing this song but for this blog I'll go with evocative.

Today when I started my walk with Blackie, I turned on my Ipod and 'Summertime' was playing.  Just now after finishing a batch of stuffing for turkey day cooked my way (and for the leftovers), I sat down to check my email.  I switched to a classic rock channel on cable and the first song was again Janis singing 'Summertime'.  I'm thinking this is kismet.  I am meant to share this amazing song, and the amazing Janis.  So I am going to share her with you.  The song is from the amazing in so many ways Cheap Thrills album.



Here's a You Tube recording of the song:

No comments: