23 June 2012

Meeting Rosie


In a couple of weeks I'll be leaving for Portland to spend time with Gus and Meara and Rosie.  I will be there for Rosie's 1st birthday. So before seeing her for the second time, I thought I should post some pictures from our first meeting when she was just 2 weeks old.

I am an early riser.  I'm usually up at 4am which, I know from observing people's reactions when they hear that, is bizarre but it is my favorite time of the day.  Even in Portland I was awake by 4.  And babies being babies, Rosie did not let her Mom and Dad sleep much.  So Meara would nurse her and Gus would diaper her, and then I would get to hold her while they tried to catch an extra hour or so.  I would walk with her and sing to her.  I don't sing, but singing to babies just seems natural.  I sang Joanie Mitchell's 'Circle Game', just as I sang it for her Dad - badly but quietly.
Much of the time I sat with her and while she was so close I took pictures to savor when I got home.

                                                                                      Sleeping Rosie
Rosie faces
Drama Queen Rosie (wearing T.Rex shirt designed by her Dad)

Rosie with her Mom
Rosie with her Dad
Rosie with Slinky
Rosie with Gromma

Rosie with Meara and Gus
Rosie makes 3 generations

I can't believe she's going to be a year old.  Best year ever!

No comments: