10 May 2012

Christmas 1962 and Some Ugly Pants

I have started to convert Reel #5 of the slides.  Most of what I converted this morning are from Christmas 1962 at our Delmar house.


Freddie (15) got a gun and it appears Karen (20) has jewelry.  I (about to turn 10) got a transistor radio that I vividly remember - it  was blue and had a leather case.  Here's what Wikipedia has to say about transistor radios :  "Following their development in 1954 they became the most popular electronic communication device in history, with billions manufactured during the 1960s and 1970s. Their pocket size sparked a change in popular music listening habits, allowing people to listen to music anywhere they went." 

This would have been shortly after opening our gifts.  Please notice that other than gifts we are looking at, all presents have already been neatly placed under the tree - we each had a particular area assigned to us (and this never varied from year to year).   



Someone always has their eyes closed in a group picture.  I love that in this shot it is Rip the dog.

This would be New Year's Eve 1963.  I have enlarged this in order to make sure you fully appreciate just how ugly my pants are.  When I look at these old pictures I am often reminded that we all had some great clothes - mostly due to my Mom's good taste.  But these pants are just scary - red, gold and orange chess pieces on a pink background (no one in the family played chess; certainly not me) .  Until I saw this I did not recall these pants, but now that I have this picture I am quite certain they were corduroy.  So here's my challenge to you - If you have a photo of pants uglier then these, please respond with a picture.  Because I am pretty sure these are the ugliest pants ever.      


2 comments:

sophanne said...

I think your chess pieces will win but I've posted a couple of ugly pants of my own. THanks for your comment! Dogs eyes closed- bwa hah haha!

sophanne said...

I just realized I don't have your email to write back- mine is blts at windstream dot net- if you want to send it along- The creature you see in spite of the plaid pants is the dinosaur that is in front of the Cleveland museum of Natural history but it does look kind of elephanty- more so than those pants!