15 January 2012

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to ....

In honor of my 59th birthday I cheated a bit on converting the slides.  I should be starting reel 2 but I jumped ahead to reel 4 in order to post some pictures from my 9th birthday party.  This is the only birthday party I remember having with anyone other than family. There were 9 girls at my party - I imagine all of the girls from my Elsmere Elementary 3rd grade class were invited.  Here I am 50 years ago, January 15, 1962.  
Pin the Tail on the Donkey - what fun.
The classic action shot.
I have no idea what was happening here. 
Wish I knew what album that was in 1962.

For no known reason I find myself singing the song 'It's My Party (and I'll cry if I want to)' every year on my birthday.  It was released by Leslie Gore in 1963, became the number 1 song.  At 59, seeing myself at 9, if I were having a party today I might just cry.  To be honest, I do not feel like 59 - though I'm not really sure what 59 should feel like. 

2 comments:

J. Fred said...

These are great. Happy B-Day!!

sophanne said...

Those pictures are as sweet as it gets... Unless you start thinking of the movie The Bad Seed...which I totally wasn't. Happy Birthday new favorite blogger. I am enjoying the slide conversions.